As the boss of a trendy advertising agency, the staff is the key to their success and providing a healthy environment for the staff is vital specifically in order to reduce the risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic condition when the pancreas can’t produce enough insulin leading to high blood glucose levels.
Symptoms involving: increased thirst, hunger, fatigue, frequent urination and blurred vision.
Type 2 diabetes follows risks such as:
– Age, being 45 years old and over enhances the likelihood of this disease
– Living a sedentary lifestyle with little or no exercise could lead to diabetes
– Being overweight from eating an unhealthy diet and not exercising
– Genetic factors, having a family history of diabetes
Good news is, some of these risk factors can be prevented besides the issue with genetics.
The workplace. Where all your staff will settle and work in which will become part of their lifestyle. That’s important!
– No vending machines as there are soft drinks and energy drinks, just nothing too high in sugar levels. Or a little investment in sugar-free drinks can be beneficial too.
– More staircases rather than lifts and escalators to promote physical exercise, hopefully, the office will be as spacious as possible to boost travelling length. It can also boost people’s health. A day at the office sitting down can be balanced with a little effort of going upstairs and downstairs delivering paperwork or grabbing lunch or a coffee.
– There should be strictly no smoking in the workplace as smoking is harmful to health as well as increasing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
– There can be a cafe as there was a study shown that High habitual coffee consumption has been associated with a lower risk of type 2 diabetes, but data on lower levels of consumption and on different types of coffee are sparse.
– Have the cafeteria or cafe in the building make healthy meals such as salads, sandwiches and healthy burgers rather than junk food that could lead to a prolonged unhealthy diet. Drink options sold could be coffee, tea, freshly squeezed juice, bottled water or sugar-free drinks… milk, protein shakes are an option too.
If all of these areas are touched and achieved in the company, it would create a great change in the lifestyles of workers as well as creating a healthier environment and success as a team!