Easy Diabetes Cake/Healthy Eggless & Sugarless Fruit Cake
• 4 cups mixed fruits
• 1 cup chopped dates
• 100g chopped glazed cherries
• 3 cups self raising flour
• 3 teaspoons of baking soda
• ½ teaspoon mixed spice
• 2 cups water
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1 cup red wine (alcohol part evaporates when cooked)
1. Put pan on medium heat and put your fruits in (mixed fruits, dates, cherries).
2. Add water and red wine and bring it to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, add your oil and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Turn your heat off and add baking soda and mix well.
5. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes to cool down.
6. Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
7. Spray baking tray with oil and line with baking paper.
8. Add milk and mixed spice to the fruit mix and mix well.
9. Give a quick mix to the self raising flour to get rid of any lumps.
10. Add half the flour to the mixture and mix well.
11. Add the remaining flour and stir to combine.
12. Put in the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
13. Cool down completely and cut into pieces and put in a sealed container and store in the fridge.
• It will last in the fridge for over 2 months
• Perfect for lunches and people with diabetes
• It is good for vegetarians