This thai-style chicken and corn soup recipe is suitable for those who are busy. This recipe can be prepared in 30 minutes if you have all the ingredients, so it can give you a quick dish made, filling, and yield low GI.
Thai-Style Chicken and Corn Soup Ingredients:
- 425 g canned corn, not drained
- 500 g skinless chicken breast, discarding fat and thinly sliced
- 1 quart low-salt chicken broth
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon spicy-sweet chili sauce
- 200 g of wet thin Shahe Rice Noodle
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 handfuls of chopped coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon skin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Thai-Style Chicken and Corn Soup Directions:
- Heat the chicken broth to boil in large saucepan over high heat. Pour the water along with corn, scallions, and ginger, then reduce heat and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken, chili sauce and fish sauce cook again for about 3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked evenly.
- Place the shahe rice noodle in heat-resistant bowl, flush with boiling water and soak for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Separate and drain slowly.
- Combine Shahe, cilantro, lime skin into the soup and serve.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
The amount of nutrients per serving: Energy 1391 kJ (332 Cal); Fat 3.1 g Saturated Fat 0.9 g Protein 33 g Carbohydrates 40 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Cholesterol 88 mg;chicken and corn soup, corn soup, corn soup recipe, shahe rice noodle, style chicken, tablespoon fish sauce, thai style chicken, Thai-Style Chicken and Corn Soup, thaistyle chicken and corn soup