Pork Teriyaki with Steamed Vegetables
This pork teriyaki recipe is a popular Asian dish served with steamed vegetables. This is a perfect choice for your diabetic diet plan because the fat and GI content is low.
Pork Teriyaki Ingredients
- 500 g lean pork fillet
- 125 ml of low-sodium soy sauce
- 125 ml mirin
- 125 ml of unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- ginger slices
- 300 g kailan, cut along the 10 cm
- 200 g asparagus, cleaned and cut into 5-cm
- 115 g Mini corn fresh, clean
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- olive oil or canola oil
- basmati rice, when served
Pork Teriyaki Directions:
- Thinly sliced pork then Combine with soy sauce, mirin, apple juice, ginger in a non-metallic container. Mix the meat, stir well.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for 1 hour. Fill water 1/3 pan, simmer on low heat.
- Cover a bamboo steamer with a piece of ginger, put kailan, asparagus, corn. Lid, put the steam in the pan, make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the steamer, until the vegetables cooked.
- Discard ginger, sprinkle sesame oil and season with black pepper.
- Pour a little oil on the concave pan, preheat on high heat. Saute meat in two stages, and cook until cooked. Set aside, add marinade, and cook until sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Insert the meat, stir to heat evenly. Serve with steamed vegetables and rice.
- Rice adds carbs, if you have difficulty in controlling blood sugar levels, be sure not to consume more than 1 cup of cooked rice.
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 1 hour to soak in the flavor
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
The amount of nutrients per serving: Energy 1238 kJ (296 Cal); Fat 5.6 g Saturated Fat 1.2 g Protein 33.1 g Carbohydrates 23.8 g Fiber 4.5 g, Cholesterol 119 mg;