Nicoise Salad Recipe
Nicoise Salad Ingredients:
- 425 g canned tuna in mineral water, drained and shredded
- 400 g canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 250 g green beans, discarding the ends
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 350 g mixed salad leaves
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 10 small olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
Nicoise Salad Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets meat canned (in brine), drained and finely chopped
- 125 ml fat-free French dressing and low-calorie
Nicoise Salad Directions:
- Fill pot with cold water, slowly add the egg. Heat until boiling, then reduce heat and cook for about 6 minutes. Drain and dip the eggs into cold water to stop cooking process. Peel eggs and cut into pieces.
- Add the beans in a pan of boiling water, allow it to boil for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. Refrigerate in a bowl of iced water. Cut two or four artichokes.
- Arrange vegetables on serving platter or individual plates. Put on top with beans, tomatoes, artichokes, tuna, eggs, red peppers and cannellini beans. Sprinkle with capers and olives.
- To make the sauce, combine garlic, mustard, anchovies, and dressing in a bowl and beat until evenly distributed. Season with crushed black pepper and pour over salad. Sprinkle with tarragon.
Preparation: 24 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4-6
Number of Nutrients per serving: Energy 933 kJ (223 Cal); Fat 6.2 g Saturated Fat 1.7 g Protein 24.8 g Carbohydrates 12.4 g Fiber 8.5 g, Cholesterol 170 mg;