Low Fat Lasagna Recipe
This low fat lasagna is a favorite dish. This version of lasagna have the original flavor but with a lower fat content than regular lasagna. But you must limit yourself to consume only one serving.
Low Fat Lasagna Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1 pc large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 pieces of zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g minced ground beef
- 800 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml low-salt beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste without added salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 375 g instant lasagne sheets
- mixed leaf salad with balsamic vinegar
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 750 ml skimmed milk
- 40 g cornstarch
- 100 g low-fat cheddar cheese
Low Fat Lasagna Directions:
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Put the onions, cook until wilted. Add the carrots, celery, and zucchini, and cook until wilted. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to high heat, put the beef and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Separate the agglomerate meat using wood spatula. Add tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and oregano and stir well. Heat until boiling, cook over low heat, partially cover the pan, for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking to the pan.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Put a little meat sauce on the 23×30 cm baking dish. Create a layer of lasagna sheets in the dish, cut the lasagna sheets, to fit in the dish. Pour the meat sauce on top and smooth. Arrange again on top with lasagna sheets, a layer of meat sauce, then ending with lasagna sheets.
- For cheese sauce, mix a little milk with the cornstarch, forming a soft dressing, in small saucepan. Slowly pour the remaining milk and stir over low heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove and insert the cheese until melted. Flatten the cheese sauce over the lasagna. Bake for 1 hour or until browned.
Preparation: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
The amount of nutrients per serving: Energy 1393 kJ (333 Cal); Fat 9 g Saturated Fat 3.8 g Protein 26.1 g Carbohydrates 35.3 g Fiber 5 g, Cholesterol 43 mg;