Controlling diabetes means having insight and support to undergo the best option would be health and your lifestyle. Access to health professionals such as doctors, nutritionists, diabetes educators, and your eye specialist means a lifestyle change that you do is based on accurate and current medical information. It is important to do follow-up with a team of health experts on a regular basis to ensure that your blood glucose levels under control.
Joining with your diabetes support group will also bring substantial benefits in the acquisition advice, support, discounts on products for diabetics, and others.
Why change your diet and your lifestyle?
Their main goal with diabetes is keeping blood glucose levels were within the normal range and minimize long-term health problems. To that end, the right amount of food intake, regular exercise, and weight control become important. If you have excess weight, reduced body weight by 5% will improve your blood glucose levels, which then reduces your risk of complications caused by diabetes.
Target diet for people with diabetes:
• Reduce fat, especially saturated fat
• Choose carbohydrates from whole grains and low glycemic index.
• Choose lean red meat, chicken, fish and meat substitute foods such as nuts and seeds
• Consume low-fat dairy products or substitutes
• Consume sugar and sugary foods in moderation
• Reduce salt
• Do not consume too much alcohol